Hello from Canada :)

K

Kristopher

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to say Hello from Canada!

I was enjoying looking at the gallery then noticed your autos are left-hand-drive also, like ours! That made me wonder about looking for a vehicle from Finland for import to Canada. I'd like an early Evo (1,2,3) or a L200 Diesel. This means I have lots of research to do!!

I think I will have to begin by looking for companies in Finland that export autos to other countries. Then I'll have to make sure I am permitted to bring a Finnish vehicle into Canada.

Enjoy your Mitsubishis!
I have only two of them left, a 2005 Lancer Ralliart 2.4L 4G69 and a 1991 Eclipse 4wd 2.3L stroker (4G63 with a 4G64 crankshaft)

Kristopher

Slider

Galant VR-4 Monte Carlo e39 / Lancer 1.6 CB RE85
Ylläpitäjä
Club Member
Sijainti
Taipalsaari
Vs: Hello from Canada :)

Hello. In my opinion you should not import anything from here to canada. :D Because of the Salt. Finnish cars are pretty rusty. :(
One thing is that i think finnish cars are too expencive, because of taxes.

Is salt used in Canada btw? You have similar winters there like we. :)

Those early Evo:s are almost all (or all) from Japan, so they are RHD. Someone can correct me, but real Finnish evo, imported officially was evo8.

(I added Language chooser to Gallery, i dont know does it work well, but now you can choose English)
http://www.mitsubishiclubfinland.com/galleria/main.php?g2_fromNavId=xc50b7302
That link should have English directly. :)

Greetings

K

Kristopher

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply. :peukku

Yes we have winters here that can get really cold and snowy. Many major cities use salt on the roads but it is better if you go further north - that way the snow stays frozen and ice is not a problem.

I'm in the province of British Columbia where we don't get a lot of snow, so they mainly use gravel on the roads.

I saw on www.myevo.com there were some Evo3 and Evo4 that were LHD. Those must be conversions in that case. Maybe I will look for a LHD L200 then, there is a company in the UK that seems to have older L200s in LHD.

Thank you for the language chooser link, that's excellent :)
One day maybe I'll finally make it to Finland and learn the language! ;)

UITTO-

Sijainti
Tarvasjoki

Kristopher sanoi
I have only two of them left, a 2005 Lancer Ralliart 2.4L 4G69 and a 1991 Eclipse 4wd 2.3L stroker (4G63 with a 4G64 crankshaft)

Kristopher

If you are using messenger, can you contact me? uitto_6@hotmail.com or give me your mail address, i have few questions regarding your eclipse, I have my eclipse as a project now, styling stuff 8) but that engine intrests me.

welcome to visit finnish dsm site also www.dsmclubfinland.com

And welcome on board at mcf 8)

Slider

Galant VR-4 Monte Carlo e39 / Lancer 1.6 CB RE85
Ylläpitäjä
Club Member
Sijainti
Taipalsaari

Kristopher sanoi
I saw on www.myevo.com there were some Evo3 and Evo4 that were LHD. Those must be conversions in that case. Maybe I will look for a LHD L200 then, there is a company in the UK that seems to have older L200s in LHD.

I meant that here in Finland we dont have older (streetlegal) evos LHD, cause they werent officially imported. I dont know much how it is on other countries. I could imagine Australia could have some, and they are LHD too. :)

That gallery thingie.. I meant to make English available long time ago, but forgot it. Now i had proof that it is needed, so i did it. :)

nokonzok

Yritys
Sijainti
Espoo

Slider sanoi
I meant that here in Finland we dont have older (streetlegal) evos LHD, cause they werent officially imported. I dont know much how it is on other countries. I could imagine Australia could have some, and they are LHD too. :)

That gallery thingie.. I meant to make English available long time ago, but forgot it. Now i had proof that it is needed, so i did it. :)

I beg to differ. There are many pre-VIII streel legal LHD Evos here in Finland. Because of the insane car tax, there is no point buying one from Finland, though. And Autralia is RHD country.

Ylös Bottom