Mitsubishi Starion for sale in Estonia

Henry

Sijainti
Estonia
Hello Mitsubishi fans in Finland!

I have a nice donor for sale in Estonia, I thought you might be interested:

Mitsubishi Starion, 1983, 2.0l 4G63T, 125kW.

I bought it in 2007, previous owner didn't care about it and used it until it didn't pass yearly technical inspection any more. It is in pretty bad shape. My opinion is that it isn't worth restoring, body consists mainly of rust and is twisted (I accidently backed slowly into my garage wall, but that was enough for this rusty body). It's cheaper to bring new one from Germany.

I kept this car only because of it's engine and drivetrain, I hoped to use them on another rear-wheel drive Mitsubishi. But now I need to sell it, you know how economy is nowadays and in autumn I need to pay my university taxes...

Engine and gearbox are OK, turbo has only hot side left and on acceleration a bit of black smoke is seen, but besides that it runs well. But I see that nothing hasn't repaired in it for ages, so rebuild is recommended.

Probably all bushes in drivetrain need changing. Rear brakes are suitable for Kuusakoski, front brakes need rebuild and probably new pistons. Only thing previous owner has changed are rear shocks, he told me that they aren't originally for Starion, but they seem to be working and suspension is quite stiff. But shocks are too old for now I think.
Interior looks bad, leather on seats is broken, and there are moisture damages.
Front glass is cracked, side and rear windows are ok. Doors and hatches are ok, front headlights are ok and work, rear lights are cracked. Front bumper is ok, rear is in one piece, but looks really bad and isn't straight.

“Paperwork” is ok and I want you to register it in Finland too, unless you take parts and leave me the body. We can't delete cars from registry unless they are recycled properly.

If you want it and will come after it, then we can communicate without problems, my sister speaks quite fluent finnish (not technical).

Price is 1200 eur.

You can write to me here in this topic or at: serverkiller@force.ws (In English please).

Greetings
Henry

Pictures are made today, only ones of bottom are older, but that won't matter I think.

Henry

Sijainti
Estonia
Vs: Mitsubishi Starion for sale in Estonia

Hello!

I dont understand why so little interest, I spent some time in your forum and saw that you have tons of RWD Mitsus, and this engine and tranny is bolt-on!

We in Estonia have some Starions, but almost no other RWD Mitsus...
An Ex2000 was for sale years ago, but this went to Finland before I got my hands on it ;D

Greetings
Henry

EDIT: E-mail is ok now.

Wlooffy

Sijainti
Salo

Most of our RWD-mitsu owners like to keep their car orginal, becouse they like it that way, or couldn't bother fight for bureaucracy.

I'm going to make that conversion, but I have already the motor and need only tranny. And rest of stuff is coming from elsewhere. Becouse different chassis on starion and celeste

miikka

-JP- sanoi
Is it that you ask 1200€ for piece of junk ?

I ways about to write the same but JP was faster. No offence but do you really think someone pays 1200 euros for car in that kind of condition? You should drop the first number off and then there's a little chance someone pays you 200 euros for the engine and transmission ::)

Just bought '76 Celeste for almost same price and it's like a new compared to this ::)

Btw, I guess that car would have failed the annual inspection 10 years ago in Finland.

Basbarduu

V GSR & A163
Club Member
Moderaattori

Seeing such nice nostalgic car in that condition makes me sad. And I doubt that there is anybody who is so stupid that would pay more than 200€ for that. Why do you let your car go in so bad condition?

Henry

Sijainti
Estonia

OK, so it was the price.

You know, there is someone who was stupid enough to pay this price - me!
Wasted half of this money to get it's papers legally OK, as it was deleted from registry. It wasn't easy, trust me!

Car was in that condition when I bought it. I just didnt want rarity like this to end in recycling. I have only driven it down from car treiler and few times from one garage to another, 4-5 meters.

Previous owner was so cheap, that he even removed wipers when this car was already standing on car trailer ;D Not to talk about wheels, I had to bring my own ones, and he even didn't had jack to lift car up, we used long wooden beam...

It looks like that what concerns cars, life is easier in Finland! You get rare cars dirt cheap!

Engine swap is quite easy in Estonia - as long as this engine is fitted on this car model from factory, it's ok! Registry only want's plans for exchange, pictures and measures of work, and final inspection in headquarters! I have heard, that on older cars (70's) they take it quite easily.

Anyway, thanks for replies! You could have spoken earlyer, so I wouldn't had high hopes!

I think it's OK to remove this topic, it looks like I can't sell it for price that I want for it, and instead of selling it for less than metal price, I better let it beauty my garden!

Greetings
Henry

Basbarduu

V GSR & A163
Club Member
Moderaattori

I hope that you'll get that car repaired to its lost glory. :peukku

Henry

Sijainti
Estonia

Basbarduu sanoi
I hope that you'll get that car repaired to its lost glory. :peukku

Thanks for good wishes, but Ive given up! Its not worth the trouble, as Ive said before, it's a nice donor! Body is too rusty! I think maybe in the future when I have completed MSc and have more time (and money) I'll bring better one from Germany.

I know that another Starion owner tried to sell his one like year ago, but for almost same price, and it had blown engine. Looked like he also loved 'tuning'...
Bottom was better tho, but sides under doors didn't exist. Maybe I can work something out with him.

Greetings
Henry

-JP-

Sijainti
Tampere

I think if you really want to rid off it ,you could ask less. I think we might have buyers here in finland for that 200 €...

Money is always money.

J. Puhakka

Club Member
Moderaattori

Henry sanoi
Thanks for good wishes, but Ive given up! Its not worth the trouble, as Ive said before, it's a nice donor! Body is too rusty! I think maybe in the future when I have completed MSc and have more time (and money) I'll bring better one from Germany.

I know that another Starion owner tried to sell his one like year ago, but for almost same price, and it had blown engine. Looked like he also loved 'tuning'...
Bottom was better tho, but sides under doors didn't exist. Maybe I can work something out with him.

Greetings
Henry

At least I can conform you with this.. Lots of very rare cars have gone by my hands, only to be let to rust or to be scrapped, or that they have been too rust already. I have paid so much money to haul those "car shells" around Finland to get those cars to their "Final resting place? perhaps", And only because I didnt want them to be get wrecked.. It might sound sick. But true story.

And with chassis like that.. I can say, I have had almost worst. (Like C13 Turbo colt that had rusted so badly that basically front separated from the rear) But I can also say, that only tech in that rare car is only thing that is worth of something (if it works), because with that chassis, I think it is impossible to have it fixed here also.. (I know some guys in Finland that can fix it, but it might cost next to fortune..) (And those engines are getting pretty rare here too.. not too many turbo galants around here..)

Ylös Bottom