Turbocolt first roadtests

S

stalhamre

Hi!

I´ve recieved some questions about the car from Finland and I thought I´d post some news on it here:

Wellwell, here goes:

Here are some photos of the car getting put together, and the e-manage starting to get in place ;)

040927-1.jpg

The "final" look under the hood. For a while... ;)

040927-2.jpg

The IC hiding behind the frontspoiler

040927-3.jpg

Engine again

040927-4.jpg

Tada! Starting to look like a real car again ;)

040927-5.jpg

Another view...

040927-6.jpg

Another another view. Left foglight used for fresh air to the filter and the right for cooling of the oilradiator.

040927-7.jpg

Time to install the engine management (only basic unit this time)

040927-8.jpg

Done!

040927-9.jpg

Seems to be working too ;)

Here´s a fast edited clip of some of the first runs on the road

http://stalhamre.kicks-ass.net/files/colt-temp/film.wmv

This is at 0,3-0,4 bar boost with a completely stock engine except for 390cc injectors. Wheel and clutchspin is now a normality :) I´ll play around with the enginemanagement for a while more and then start working on the real boosthandlingmonsterengine :D

/Martin

Niko Päivinen

Colt, Lancer, Pajero
In Memoriam
Sijainti
Lahti
sweet looking machine you got there,  I especially like how you've kept the original style, I think a lot of people on the road are going to be surprised when you get that baby going  :D

S

stalhamre

Thanks!
I´m not a big fan of styling, just wanted to keep "GTI:ish" and clean. The stereo has been removed aswell :D
When we were out recording that videoclip we took a spin around town and let the dumpvalve speak freely - believe me people were looking ;)

/Martin

Jani T

ASX Instyle, Citroën C2, Porsche Boxster S
Sijainti
Tammisaari
VERY SWEET ;)

You wouldn't want to sell this??? :)

Would be easier/faster to do an engine swap for my Gti ;)

S

stalhamre

I haven´t done any modifications whatsoever to the standard engine (except for bigger injectors) so you can build some turbo and ic pipes, set up oilfeedings, buy a turbo and some other stuff and you´re all done :D

About 0,3 bar is about what the engine can take. Thats why I´m building a new engine this winter that can handle more boost ;) Have to get that new clutch and some other stuff in place by then too...

/Martin

Ylös Bottom