Turbocolt first roadtests

S

stalhamre

Hi!

I´ve recieved some questions about the car from Finland and I thought I´d post some news on it here:

Wellwell, here goes:

Here are some photos of the car getting put together, and the e-manage starting to get in place ;)

The "final" look under the hood. For a while... ;)

The IC hiding behind the frontspoiler

Engine again

Tada! Starting to look like a real car again ;)

Another view...

Another another view. Left foglight used for fresh air to the filter and the right for cooling of the oilradiator.

Time to install the engine management (only basic unit this time)

Done!

Seems to be working too ;)

Here´s a fast edited clip of some of the first runs on the road

http://stalhamre.kicks-ass.net/files/colt-temp/film.wmv

This is at 0,3-0,4 bar boost with a completely stock engine except for 390cc injectors. Wheel and clutchspin is now a normality :) I´ll play around with the enginemanagement for a while more and then start working on the real boosthandlingmonsterengine :D

/Martin

Niko Päivinen

Colt, Lancer, Pajero
Club Member
Tykkäykset
Sijainti
Lahti
sweet looking machine you got there,  I especially like how you've kept the original style, I think a lot of people on the road are going to be surprised when you get that baby going  :D

S

stalhamre

Thanks!
I´m not a big fan of styling, just wanted to keep "GTI:ish" and clean. The stereo has been removed aswell :D
When we were out recording that videoclip we took a spin around town and let the dumpvalve speak freely - believe me people were looking ;)

/Martin

S

stalhamre

I haven´t done any modifications whatsoever to the standard engine (except for bigger injectors) so you can build some turbo and ic pipes, set up oilfeedings, buy a turbo and some other stuff and you´re all done :D

About 0,3 bar is about what the engine can take. Thats why I´m building a new engine this winter that can handle more boost ;) Have to get that new clutch and some other stuff in place by then too...

/Martin

Ylös Bottom